1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unuseful job offers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rgarner, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I keep getting them. Some sound interesting but they're maybe hundreds of miles away, which doesn't help. Why are they in the wrong place, and how do I make them more relevant?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

You do realize, don't you, that we have absolutely no idea what you're talking about?! :)

Maybe if you give us some clues--like what's generating these job offers--we'd be better able to advise.

Did you sign up with a job search site? An employment agency? TaskRabbit? What?! :D

3. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

It's something called Santa Clara Work. I did not sign up for that, but I am interested in jobs. I also have received email from FedEx about work in, yup, Santa Clara. I wonder if it's some kind of wrong zip code thing.

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Have you tried to contct them?
    E-mail, website?

Rgarner likes this.
  5. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Make sure it's really from FedEx--this just smacks of scam. If you're on a computer, hover over any link in their e-mail and see if it leads to fedex.com--if it doesn't, don't click on it. If you're on Android, long-press a link and choose 'copy link address.' Then you can paste it somewhere [safe] to analyze it.

As for this 'Santa Clara Work' thing, again, it smells like a scam to me. Since you didn't initiate these messages, just ignore them. Replying and asking them to stop contacting you will just result in more spam, assuming they're not legitimate.

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

There's the Santa Clara Diet, or remove UN and they become useful

tube517 and Rgarner like this.