1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unwanted Ads on Samsung Galaxy S8+

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by colincam, Jul 8, 2020.

1. colincam

colincam Lurker

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ mobile and in the last few weeks, I have started receiving unwanted full screen ads immediately after swipping to open my phone. The present ad is from Kartel. A common denominator in the ads is that they say "Top on Google Play" with 5 gold stars. How can I stop them appearing? I have tried clearing cache but to no avail.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you have an adware problem. it probably came from a recent app you installed. try uninstalling the most recent apps and see it it goes away. also wipe cache after uninstalling each app. sometimes the adware could be in the cache and if not wiped, you will still have the same problem.

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Try restarting your S8 Plus so it's running in its Safe Mode:
    https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-g955f-galaxy-s8-plus/safe-mode/

If you don't see that popup ad problem when it's running in Safe Mode, the issue is probably something that's more easily fixable as it's apparently tied to some app you've installed that is or has become compromised. You still need to determine just which one but it's a start.
    If you're still seeing that popup ad problem in Safe Mode, the problem is probably a bit more involved. It's probably some exploit that's more insidious, something that has installed itself into the operating system itself. These aren't as common but when they occur can be hard to nullify. You might have to resort to flashing your phone with a stock ROM to permanently remove it.

ocnbrze likes this.

Galaxy S8+ Forum

The Galaxy S8+ release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews