1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unwanted App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JerzeeGurl, Apr 26, 2012.

1. JerzeeGurl

JerzeeGurl Lurker

Yesterday evening I downloaded a free music app and this morning I discovered a new app called "Apps & Games - DROID apps" icon on my home screen. I tried to remove it in the manage apps menu, but it's not in there and I don't want to click on it since I don't know what it is.

Is there any other way I can delete it?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if this questeion has been answered, I did a search but didn't find anything.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

You will need to uninstall the app that is using Airpush (probably the free music app). There is an app in the market called Air Push Detector that will help you identify the offending app(s).

damewolf13 likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I think you're just referring to the shortcuts on the homescreen? just press and hold it, then drag it to the trash bin.

Unforgiven likes this.
  4. JerzeeGurl

JerzeeGurl Lurker

Thank you both for your help. Yes, it was just the icon that I needed to just toss in the trash and I downloaded the Air Push Detector whish stated that I have no ad apps installed much to my relief.

Thanks again!

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Glad your all set JerzeeGurl, and welcome to Android Forums:hello:

6. cwgraf71

cwgraf71 Well-Known Member

Very interesting I have not installed anything in awhile and today as I swithched back to the home screen an Icon popped up called Droid Apps & Games. I have no idea where or how it got there but I immediately dragged it to the trash. No other icon or app when I checked installed apps. I am not a gamer no games installed other than what maybe on phone it's self. Not sure what to think of it. :eek::thinking:

7. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

Some apps do push AirPush spam ads after they are updated.

Did you check your apps with an AirPush detector like Lookout's Ad Network Detector?

Harry

cwgraf71 likes this.
  8. cwgraf71

Thank you no I haven't, this is the first I have heard of such a thing. I currently am using Avast, I'll investigate and see what it all about. It kinda freaked me out I thought it might be some kinda virus.

I just used an AirPush detector and it was the app I just installed before mothers day to send a SMS card. Uninstalld the app. Pretty crazy that they can try to slide things/AD's right under your nose. VERY HELPFUL THANKS!!

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Its not Airpush. Airpush puts ads on your notification screen, not app shortcuts.

cwgraf71 likes this.
  10. cwgraf71

I was wondering about that I never got any notification bar ads, the app did come up positive for the AirPush ads. Just installed a blocker too. I hope it's nothing to be to worried about, the short cut that is. :thinking:

11. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

As I know AirPush puts shortcuts of web sites on the home screen, not shortcuts of apps.

This shortcuts of web sites you can just shove in the trash bin.

Harry

cwgraf71 likes this.