1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unwanted apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wrknight, May 1, 2020.

1. wrknight

wrknight Lurker

I made the mistake of installing Weather Home app on my S7 edge and when I go to uninstall it, the uninstall button is grayed out and I can't uninstall it.

Additionally, a brand new bunch of bloatware apps (News, Market, Videos, Personalize, Games) invaded my phone and I can't find any way to get rid of them. They don't show up in Settings->Apps and when I hold them down, all I get is a menu with edit, widgets and app info options. How do I get rid of this crap and how can I prevent further invasions like it.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by wrknight, May 1, 2020 (7 points)
  3. wrknight

wrknight Lurker

Whoops, I just solved my own problem. All of the unwanted apps showed up with Weather Home. I was able to uninstall Weather Home by holding down the icon and clicking on app info. That's where I found the uninstall option. When I uninstalled it, all the bloatware apps disappeared with it and my s7 edge (which I dearly love) is back to normal.

puppykickr, Rob and ocnbrze like this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews