1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

unwanted call forwarding

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have an android phone and I am having a problem with a person forwarding all of their calls to my phone. So every time someone attempts to call their phone it goes through to mine. I don't know how they have done this, but they're just doing it to harrass me and I want to find a way to stop this. I'd prefer not to get a new phone number if I don't have to but it seems like it may be the only option at this point. If anyone has any insight on what to do in this situation please help me out. If I block the person's phone number should it stop forwarded calls from coming to me through their phone?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Speak to your local police department. Harrassment is illegal, but some departments won't do anything about it if there's no physical confrontation involved.

You can also contact your carrier. Using their service to cause harrassmernt is against the rules of every telephone company. Again, they may or may not do anything about it.

Blocking his number won't do anything because as soon as the call is handed off for forwarding, his number is no longer involved.

If no one will do anything you might try calling the FCC. All phone calls are considered interstate commerce, so it falls under their jurisdiction.

I can't think of anything else you can do that's legal.

scary alien likes this.