• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unwanted contacts backup on Ace

leeds98

Lurker
Dec 23, 2011
Hi everyone,

For the last week my Saumsung Galacy Ace has been coming up with an orange floppy disk icon in the top left corner, when I go to view the message it says "contacts backup failed - network connection error". It does this about every hour, how do I turn this off? I was not aware I'd even turned this on?! Any help would be greatly appreciated, think it's slowing the phone down.

Thanks a lot

Ryan

I had the same problem only happened to me the last week or so. I fixed it by going into menu screen then the backup application on the 2nd page. Then choosing not copy my contacts from sim, then go into settings and change the frequency of backup to manual. You should also see an option to disable notification messages. Hope this helps i havent got a clue why the phone started doing this!

Reactions: leeds98
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones