• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unwanted emoji's

I keep finding about 30 emoji's installed in my photo's. It takes ages to remove them all only for them to reappear.
I've no idea where they are coming from and can't find a way to stop them coming
I've tried anti virus and deleting apps that I think may be causing them
Can anyone help?

Hi there, daleonline001. Welcome to Android Forums. :)
I keep finding about 30 emoji's installed in my photo's. It takes ages to remove them all only for them to reappear.
I think @olbriar may be on to something.

Emojis are images, just like photos are images. If you're uploading your images, perhaps automatically synching them with a cloud service, such as Dropbox, Amazon Photos, Google Photos, etc., you could be deleting them from one location but not the other--and the next time it syncs, the 'deleted' images reappear.

Please let us know which, if any, cloud service you're using. You may be using Google Photos without even realizing it, if it somehow got turned on for auto-uploading. So definitely check its settings. Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
Select one in your gallery and look at the details/properties to find where they are. That may well give a clue as to where they have come from.

You can probably just tell your gallery app to ignore that folder, or stick a file called .nomedia in it (the "." is important) and nothing in the folder will appear in any gallery app again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones