1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unwanted Facebook contacts synced

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by umadbro, Aug 14, 2011.

1. umadbro

umadbro Member
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Just did a factory reset and so I'm only synced to my google contacts.
    However before I chose to sync only with phone contatcs from facebook so I could get pics on my contacts.

But then I started getting names of people who were on my Facebook but not on my phone when I started typing their names into my phone. I'm sure I didn't click sync all facebook contacts

Advertisement

2. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    maybe u forgot to tick "phone numbers only" when choosing what contacts to sync ?

3. mattyhall22

mattyhall22 Newbie
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Midlands, UK
    in contacts go to options and tick the "show only contacts with phone numbers" box :)

Gurba likes this.
  4. umadbro

umadbro Member
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Still doesn't work. It was fine before I when synced with google, I had all the contacts I wanted.

Then I downloaded Facebook for android. I selected Sync only with those in Contacts. then I synced.
    Then when I go to phone and type in a facebook friends name then it will show their number - which i do not want. I think it synced with Contacts on my Facebook Phonebook when I thought it meant my own Contacts on my phone

5. umadbro

umadbro Member
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    nvm I chose wrong option. I should have chosen 'Remove all facebook data and only sync with facebook friends'

6. umadbro

umadbro Member
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Let me rephrase my problem in a better way.

I synced my GS2 with my Google Contacts. I wanted to add facebook pictures to the contacts on my GS2. So I logged into Facebook for Android and selected Sync Options - Sync only with contacts in phonebook.

When it synced it updated pictures of all my current contacts. However when messing around on the dialler keypad I typed in the name of a Facebook contact and his name&number came up. However he does not appear in my actual GS2 contact list. I can assume that the sync updated all my current gs2 contact details but also added phone numbers and names of other contacts on my Facebook Phonebook.

all I want is to have my current gs2 contacts and have their pics updated with facebook without adding other contacts from my Facebook Phonebook. Is that possible?

7. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Try this.... I think what is happening is that you actual have 2 different contact records for the same person, one in the phone account (which is not listed under settings, Accounts...) and at least one other Google account. Potentially there can be several more Facebook, LinkedIn etc. etc.

Go into the contact that you are talking about. Hit menu, "Join Contact". This should merge the information you have in multiple accounts (phone account, Google contacts and others). This should produce a contact that displays all the info in call log, and in contacts. When you want to undo this the menu option is "un join" or something.

Please try this and let me know. I was playing around with this before I wiped all external accounts out ( I do not want my contact info on google servers but that is another topic!). So at the moment I cannot verfiy because I only have a "phone account" contacts.