1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unwanted video on startup

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by PKBrown, Jan 9, 2016.

1. PKBrown

PKBrown Lurker

My new Galaxy Note 8.0 has started waking itself up and running video of Limitless Possibilities On the Go (basically an introduction/advertising about pen features). I have powered down, no change. I can't find anything in the settings that would turn this off.

It will not stay powered off. As soon as I put it to sleep, it immediately wakes itself back up and continuously runs this video.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Factory Reset probably. Don't forget to back everything up.

3. Before that. Wipe ache Partition and try running in Safe Mode. If it goes away it is benign and you should be able to isolate the app that is doing it. IF it doesn't do the Factory Data Reset.

Did you buy it used form some third party? If yes, perhaps it was rooted, modified, unrooted , and then sold to you.

... Thom

4. AyJay719

AyJay719 Newbie

Sounds like demo mode is on to me. When this is on, you can interact with the device normally until it goes to sleep and then launches the demo.

Unfortunately, I don't have very much experience with demo mode. I would recommend contacting your place of purchase so that this feature can be removed as there is most likely a password or PIN that is needed.