1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

UOT Kitchen Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hoodlums562, Sep 22, 2011.

1. hoodlums562

hoodlums562 Newbie

I know Im a Noob before anyone judges me, sorry! But I am trying to create a theme for the stock ROM but I do not know how to get the apk files I need in order to create a theme. Can someone please help me out with this? Thanks

Advertisement

2. droidhaxz

droidhaxz Newbie

I don't understand either. I would love to edit my motoblur theme on cm7 :/

3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

if I understand it correctly, I do thin you have to use metamorph or ninjamorph to extract the apk's n then make your changes in UOT or whatever. With UOT you may be able to just load the apk into UOT, but I'm not sure as the que is always backlogged when I go to play with it lol.

4. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

I may be wrong but from what I understand there is some things that you can change right in ninjamorph and apply with metamorph,zipthemer, or silveredit.

5. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Android Enthusiast

Use apk manager to edit the framework-res.apk. I havent done it on cyanogenmod. But I believe you can do it on any deodex rom. Another way you can do it is pull framework-res.apk using adb. But if you can't get adb to work just get root explorer. In root explorer enable r/w go to /system/framework/framework-res.apk copy it to your sdcard. Then plug it into your PC.

Tags: