1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root UOT Kitchen - Theme chooser problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by barefootpilot, Jun 22, 2011.

1. barefootpilot

barefootpilot Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    Made several custom themes based on the CM7 theme chooser 'Green Hornet' theme. Tried today to make a new one using the Hoolm battery and it failed. I uploaded the same .apk that I've used every time in the past. Anyone know if there's an obvious issue? The options on the file upload page seem to have got a whole lot more complicated recently...

Error log: from UOT:

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Some3 of the batteries do cause issues. There is a thread on XDA for this, but forget where it is. I think its in the general android themes forum rather than desire specific.

3. barefootpilot

None

Sep 19, 2010
    Gone right off the idea now - managed to create a theme and when I applied it it went into a Launcher Pro force close loop. Had to remove battery and restore backup (soooo glad I did that backup) to recover.

BTW, after battery removal my phone reset to 1 Jan 1980 - is this supposed to happen? Presumably because there is no way to 'save' the date without the battery, but I don't remember it happening before. Mind you I haven't had to remove the battery for a while now......

4. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    I dont know, my date is set to automativally update from the network so it is always right. Solid state memory no longer needs batteries to store information (hence when you pull the battery out, the rom is still on your phone), however I cant see how it would count without power. Ive never looked at the board, but like a PC maybe theres a very small battery unit to keep the date set?

5. Sak01

Sak01 Android Expert
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    I had a problem flashing my current uot theme the other day. I remove the animated background for the status bar and it worked.

6. barefootpilot

None

Sep 19, 2010
    Yeah, turned that off as it's annoying if you travel a lot since you never really know what time the phone is showing you, or what time to set your alarm for the next morning...

Tags: