• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UOT Theme]: Velocicomb Fire

k.c.cole

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2010
Colorado
Velocicomb is a UOT theme based on Honeycomb. From custom recovery toggle signature verify off, and flash the .zip from the root of your SD card.

What you get:
SkyRaider Boot Animation

Custom (Sense based) Red notification and power icons

Custom Honeycomb battery indicator
-Red (#f50000)

Custom Font: Hero Light (similar to Comfortaa but thinner)

Custom window animations (Rudolph)

Custom Notification window
-Red Glass look
-Transparent red highlights

Custom Popups
-Transparent Grey
-Red (#f50000) Glow

Download Link (temp): [UOT] Velocicomb Fire
If you DL and use it, and you like it, please hit the Thanks button.
You feedback is appreciated and encouraged; but, please keep any criticism constructive ;).

NOW AVAILABLE AS A VelocityMorph Theme!!

Download: Velocicomb Fire Theme

-To use VelocityMorph:
1. Download VelocicombFire.zip
2. Using you file manager (e.g Astro) move the .zip into the VelocityMorph folder located on your SD card.
3. Open Velocity Toolkit
4. Open the Terminal Emulator
5. Option 1
6. Option 3
7. Option 1
8. Select VelocicombFire

They do the rest!
Thanks Velocity Team for you hard work!

I was not able to get the boot animation into the VelocityMorph File, so I made a flashable file. It is essentially still a UOT file. Signature Verification must still be turned off before flashing it from recovery.

RedEyeBootanimation

Screen shots:

snap20110520_080014.png

snap20110520_080030.png

snap20110520_080038.png

snap20110520_080054.png

Wallpaper: From Velocity 1.1 Wallpapers
Icons and Launcher: ADW Launcher Ex- DarkEdge Red Theme
Homescreen Widgets: Calendr and Minimalist Text

This theme is amazing, I just wish I could find a GO Launcher theme to match lol.

What font are you using for the "Velocicomb Fire"? And how can I download it to my ally? I really like it

If you mean the font on the Notification slide that actually says "Velocicomb Fire", it's called Polo Brush.

Otherwise, the system font is Hero Light.

Upvote 0
I'm loving this theme. Good job on the animations.

EDIT: Only thing I can say anything negative about is how during a download, the progress notification is very dark and cannot be read.

Thanks for letting me know. I plan on trying to break open the framework-res on this one to tweak a few things (once I figure out how).

In addition to the download progress, I want to make the "press" highlight red (like the Droid Pro) instead of yellow. I also want to change the lock-screen pulls to make them Red and Black.

I appreciate you guys trying out my theme, I'm digging it myself honestly!

Reactions: bnitty
Upvote 0
This theme is amazing, I just wish I could find a GO Launcher theme to match lol.

What font are you using for the "Velocicomb Fire"? And how can I download it to my ally? I really like it

One of the reasons I switched form GoLauncher Ex to ADW Launcher Ex was the lack of theme support. They are getting more of them, but they are behind ADW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones