• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help up dating the operating software?

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
i have this Samsung galaxy grand prime metro pcs sm-g530t1 phone
i tired the below steps to try and root the phone but all i did was make it so it now says i do not have the original software on it. i'm trying to adopt the 32gb sdcard to the phone but on the 550t1 i did yesterday i had to root it first. so that is what i tried to do on this phone but now it looks like the 5.1.1 os can't be made to adopt. i was under the impression that 5.1.1 could be adoptable? so read what i did below and tell me if i messed up and or can do this. below is what i asked the xda site but no reply form them yet. thanks for your help.

so i got the Samsung galaxy on5 metropcs sm-550t1 6.0.1 rooted and got the sd card to adopt.
that is what i want to do on my Samsung galaxy grand prime on5 metropcs sm-g530t1 5.1.1 phone. i really want to adopt the sd card. on this phone and so far what i have tried to do is open odin and in the ad field i entered a twrp zip file from the 550t1 phone and i hit start and it ran. so i unplugged the cable and rebooted the phone it started. so i did the up,power,home button and it did not start up in twrp. it started in the factory menu the says reboot etc.

so i did not do something correct that is for sure. the phone still looks like it did before i started this, but when i went to about phone and software update it said the operating system has been changed.

so i figure twrp did not flash int o the phone or i should see twrp when i do the up, power, home buttons.

so if i can't really root this phone and get adoptable storage as now i find some saying it can't be done? can i get back the phone to factory so when i hit the update button it does not say i changed the system? or won't that even matter any more as i may never get an update from Samsung on this phone again?
so this is what i'm looking for if at all possible

root the phone 5.1.1
adopt the sd card
update the os to 6.0.1
or
go back to factory originals for possible updates to the os to 6.0.1

or go back to factory as i still have 5.1.1 on it?

thanks for any help

i have this Samsung galaxy grand prime metro pcs sm-g530t1 phone
i tired the below steps to try and root the phone but all i did was make it so it now says i do not have the original software on it. i'm trying to adopt the 32gb sdcard to the phone but on the 550t1 i did yesterday i had to root it first. so that is what i tried to do on this phone but now it looks like the 5.1.1 os can't be made to adopt. i was under the impression that 5.1.1 could be adoptable? so read what i did below and tell me if i messed up and or can do this. below is what i asked the xda site but no reply form them yet. thanks for your help.
so i got the Samsung galaxy on5 metropcs sm-550t1 6.0.1 rooted and got the sd card to adopt.
that is what i want to do on my Samsung galaxy grand prime on5 metropcs sm-g530t1 5.1.1 phone. i really want to adopt the sd card. on this phone and so far what i have tried to do is open odin and in the ad field i entered a twrp zip file from the 550t1 phone and i hit start and it ran. so i unplugged the cable and rebooted the phone it started. so i did the up,power,home button and it did not start up in twrp. it started in the factory menu the says reboot etc.
so i did not do something correct that is for sure. the phone still looks like it did before i started this, but when i went to about phone and software update it said the operating system has been changed.
so i figure twrp did not flash int o the phone or i should see twrp when i do the up, power, home buttons.
so if i can't really root this phone and get adoptable storage as now i find some saying it can't be done? can i get back the phone to factory so when i hit the update button it does not say i changed the system? or won't that even matter any more as i may never get an update from Samsung on this phone again?
so this is what i'm looking for if at all possible
root the phone 5.1.1
adopt the sd card
update the os to 6.0.1
or
go back to factory originals for possible updates to the os to 6.0.1
or go back to factory as i still have 5.1.1 on it?
thanks for any help

Upvote 0
Simply download aptoide apk file, and login to adjust settings of your preference
just for folks here aptoiod apk is just another app store:
Aptoide is an open source independent Android app store that allows you to install and discover apps in an easy, exciting and safe way.

Aptoide is community-driven and delivers apps through a social experience. It offers the chance for any user to create and manage their own store, upload their own apps, follow community recommendations and discover new content.

Can’t find a specific app on mainstream Android app stores? Aptoide probably has it! And don’t worry: all the apps are checked for viruses, and we perform extra security tests to ensure your Android device is always safe.

Aptoide is reinventing app distribution and discovery in a social and collaborative way. Join us in the revolution!

With Aptoide you can:
- Download your favorite Android apps privately and without signing up;
- Find apps that are not available in other Android marketplaces;
- Downgrade your apps to previous versions;
- Create your store and choose its name, logo, and color theme;
- Check out recommended apps and stores through Aptoide's unique apps timeline;
- Follow other stores and know who is following you - don't worry, you can keep things private too;
- Rate and review apps and stores, and reply to other users’ comments;
- Share apps locally with your friends without the need of an internet connection.

it has nothing to do with the op issue.

thanks. i sold that phone after i did what someone told me and rooted it and then it was worse off that before. plus i could not get rid of the root so i sold it and go an lg. this one is 100% better.
and thank you for following up. sorry your root experience was not all that great. i'm curious though on what you meant by "adopt sd card"????

Upvote 0
just for folks here aptoiod apk is just another app store:

it has nothing to do with the op issue.

and thank you for following up. sorry your root experience was not all that great. i'm curious though on what you meant by "adopt sd card"????

thanks when i was messing with it some instructions from this site on this thread we were talking about that. i'm thinking it was getting the sd card to be extended storage and that is what they said it was called. but i never got the sd card to be that extended storage. so i gave up. this was about the tiem i rooted that phone and had issues so i tried to unroot it and the root program stayed in the memory and i had less so i sold that phone or gave it away, i do not remember now. but i got an lg with more memory and it has worked good.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones