• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Up Time vs Awake Time (New Leak 2.1)

schmiffly

Feb 5, 2010
I have noticed that on the new leak 2.1 that my Awake Time is almost identical to my Up Time... Its a couple of hours off but i really dont have many apps running...

Weatherbug Elite (Updating every hour)
Gmail
Mail (Exchange - as email arrives)

But the phone was pretty much on the charger from 10pm to 6am so not sure what is causing it to be awake.. so out of the 19 hours Up Time - 8 of them I was sleeping.... ZZZZZZZZZZ :D

Is Weatherbug the problem?

Thoughts?

Idk about the weather bug bc I use the stock HTC weather app. If you click on battery usage it will show what is using the battery, also if you click on the app that is using battery power it will show the amount of usage.
Cant really tell becasue the way this utility posts activity it changes it as you plug in or unplug your device.. so as it was plugged in it said that 51% was the phone which didnt make sense because it was only 2 minutes and 49 seconds... now uplugegd it says 49% is the Androidn System..

Upvote 0
I have noticed that on the new leak 2.1 that my Awake Time is almost identical to my Up Time... Its a couple of hours off but i really dont have many apps running...

Weatherbug Elite (Updating every hour)
Gmail
Mail (Exchange - as email arrives)

But the phone was pretty much on the charger from 10pm to 6am so not sure what is causing it to be awake.. so out of the 19 hours Up Time - 8 of them I was sleeping.... ZZZZZZZZZZ :D

Is Weatherbug the problem?

Thoughts?

First off, how did you get weatherbug elite? i couldn't find that in the Market (paid for it back with 1.5).

I don't think that weatherbug is the problem and, in fact, there may not be a problem. I agree with the poster who said that it most likely stays awake when plugged in. I had this same issue with the first 2.1 leak but found no adverse battery loss. Spare parts can give you info since last reboot as well as since last plugged in if you want a comparison.

Upvote 0
Im having the same issue but on my Hero... No matter what I do (or dont do) my awake time is the same as my up time. In my battery usage it shows the "Cellular Standby" as taking up nearly 55% of my battery. I cant seem to find anything to turn it off.

Before (with 1.5) as long as I hit the end call button it would go into sleep mode, now it doesnt sleep at all when I do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones