1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Up-to-Date Android to Phone Guide?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Virucyde, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Virucyde

Virucyde Newbie
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    I recently purchased the Archos 43, in hopes of using it as a free phone, since it had complete wifi capabilities with Android and no monthly charges, I assumed there would be an app for Google Voice and Google Talk, but I have had difficulty seeing anything on the subject.

All my searching has turned up is subjects from before Google's release of free Google Talk, and they all rely on SIPdroid and outside SIP services to receive calls.

Does anyone know of an up-to-date guide, or an app, that allows you to use both Google Voice for texting, and Google Talk for phone calls, outgoing and incoming?

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
  3. Virucyde

Virucyde Newbie
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Update: I've downloaded the Google Voice app from here and installed it on the Archos, and that app is allowing me to text, however, I still am unable to place phone calls from either the Google Talk app, the Google Voice app, or my Contacts list, I'm assuming this is because rather than using the device's mic and audio as if it's a computer, all these apps are trying to make an actual phone call. Anyone know an app that can use Google Talk as if a computer, and not a phone, is using it?