• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just got this update.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Update.jpg
    Update.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Update2.jpg
    Update2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 115
No there's definitely something wrong.

There are 3 symptoms I've seen:

1. Serious problem. The mobile network signal strength fluctuates and often drops completely. When switching cells (or coming out of airplane mode) the phone will display 5 bars then immediately drop down to 3. When using the phone (not for calls) particularily browsing over wifi the mobile signal will drop slowly to 2 then 1 and sometime no bars. Stopping wifi browsing causes the signal to return to 3 bars.
Incoming voice calls seem to restore the signal to 5 bars and when the call is over it drops down again.

I have 3 HTC phones all on the same network provider and only the HOX+ behaves like this and only since the OTA update.

Although I'm quoting signal bars I'm also monitoring the signal using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.telnet and see the signal drop from -85dBm to -107dBm.

2. The phone will only sometimes only show G(prs) when my other HTC phones at the same location and on the same network show H(spda). In fact looking at the diagnsotic page shows they are all connected to the same LAC & CID.

3. Minor problem. Entering *#*#4636#*#* to view the network signal level often causes the phone to lose the mobile signal completely (no bars and showing X) then phone will reconnect.

I've tried a factory reset but that had no effect.

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

I'm guessing it's the change to the radio code (3.1204.167.31 to 3.1204.168.32) so I don't know how to downgrade back to 1.14.401.16.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones