• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help update app apk?

So you mean that you don't have a "check for updates" option at all in your settings?

Sorry to keep asking, but I've never met an android device with an "update app", so repeating that "update app is missing" doesn't clarify anything.

If it is that the setting isn't there then reflashing the firmware is your only option (and I can't tell you how to do that for a ZTE, especially not a US carrier model, but probably someone can). If that's not it can you describe what is missing?

Reactions: Dannydet and svim
Upvote 0
So you mean that you don't have a "check for updates" option at all in your settings?

Sorry to keep asking, but I've never met an android device with an "update app", so repeating that "update app is missing" doesn't clarify anything.

If it is that the setting isn't there then reflashing the firmware is your only option (and I can't tell you how to do that for a ZTE, especially not a US carrier model, but probably someone can). If that's not it can you describe what is missing?
on my original zmax pro there was an app where I can check for updates like the alcatel fierce xl or fierce 4. When I got my device replaced, the app wasn't there and updating through system settings was gone as well.

Upvote 0

wow. everything your looking at in an android is an apk file that is an app. so their is settings app called settings. its installed from an apk file. their all just apps for human interfacing. some have hidden values meaning the app is hidden from you the user. called hidden files. best answer to you is go look for an update apk file on the internet and make sure its for your zte or just download this tool and you can flash stock

Upvote 0
Yes, and? The option to check for updates is in the settings. It isn't in a separate app, hidden or otherwise.

BTW I've used *nix systems for 30 years now, so am kinda familiar with the idea of hidden files. And I've edited android ROMs by hand, so I wouid know if there was a separate apk for updates in a standard android build. ZTE I have never used however.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones