1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Update ARGH!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by eckles, Jan 6, 2012.

1. eckles

eckles Newbie
    None

May 18, 2011
    Does anyone else feel like I do right now?? I've spent months getting my HTC Incredible just so...great skin....fantastic wallpaper...security setting to suit ME.....my screens with my shortcuts just right. The update notification came. I asked myself "Do I risk it? Am I missing out on anything great? Will I bugger it up completely?" The rational side of my brain said "Don't!" The irrational part said "YES". Guess which one I went with!?!? Now my much loved Purple Passion skin is just BLACK, I can't wake my phone up without the camera coming on and my home screens have all changed. Who is Google to take over our much loved possessions. They take over our email space with stoopid themes and change everything. Now our phones. I've mucked about for hours trying to get it back the way it was but still I have the camera coming up as first option. My skin is gone forever and I'm really POed. Is there any way to UNDO updates. Cuz I sure as hell would like to do it. Voice your opinions if you're not happy with Google. They go too far. :mad:

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Replace the skin and wallpaper with the one you had and problem solved?

And btw, Google didn't send you that update - HTC did, via your carrier.

3. eckles

eckles Newbie
    None

May 18, 2011
    They've updated the skins as well. I tried getting them again. HTC aren't my most popular company right now. Phone won't be back the way it was no matter what I try to download again. That's changed too.