• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

update available (May 7, 2013)

Beginning May 7, the Samsung Galaxy S 4 will have a software update to Android version 4.2.2/Baseband version M919UVUAMDL via OTA and Samsung Kies. This update improves the Visual Voicemail app and includes ISIS app improvements.

You can update in two ways:

• Over the air (OTA) update to M919UVUAMDL: OTA push update is available as of 5/7/2013. Please wait for the notification to update. The update is also available for manual update using Kies.
  • Manual download to M919UVUAMDL: If you did not want to update via OTA, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See SAMSUNG KIES to confirm the version.
T-Mobile Docs

Upvote 0
I got the update this morning. It said it was for stability issues. I would caution everyone with this because my battery is draining way to fast now. It dropped 10% in just 5 minutes. Wasnt doing that before. I looked into some things and dont know why as nothing running is at a high %. So just a heads up that it might make yours drain faster.

Upvote 0
I got the update this morning. It said it was for stability issues. I would caution everyone with this because my battery is draining way to fast now. It dropped 10% in just 5 minutes. Wasnt doing that before. I looked into some things and dont know why as nothing running is at a high %. So just a heads up that it might make yours drain faster.

That happens with updates sometimes. It might take a day or two to settle in .. hopefully.

Upvote 0
I updated my firmware last night (TMobile) and today, i found that the auto-rotation no longer works!!

i.e. when you look at a landscape picture with the phone vertically oriented, it would be more desirable to rotate one's phone, and typically, the phone would autorotate the display.

i also checked the checkbox under Display in the phone's Settings menu, and, yes, Auto Rotate Display is checked.

any ideas to correct this please?

thanks.

Upvote 0
I forced the update on my phone. The AT&T Updating software kept telling me to wait 24 hours to check again for an update. So I bumped the date up by a day or so and checked again, sure enough the update checker checked for the update again and downloaded and installed it for me.

Seems to be acting better after the update. Less sluggish, less laggy, overall better performance.

Reactions: worfwood
Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up. Just snagged that 21.39mb update.

Edit: and yep... the video doesn't automagically auto-rotate now. But when I checked settings under display, auto-rotate was UNchecked. Now that it's checked again, auto-rotation for video functions normally.

After the update, I went back into the developer section and reset the animations options back to 1x from 0.

Perhaps DualMonitors should reboot his phone and check auto-rotation again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones