1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Update broke wireless charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amberlmertes, Oct 3, 2017.

1. amberlmertes

amberlmertes Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2017
    I updated this morning (10/3/17) and now my Wireless Charging won't work. Keeps giving 'wireless charging paused ' message. I am using the legit Samsung charger, it's not a knockoff. Anyone else?

Also, calling my voicemail, the keypad is flaky son entering my passcode is a PIA and had to call multiple time to attempt again before it finally worked.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    After reading a lot of angry posts from other Samsung customers, there are a couple of things you might try.

First, since this was after a system update (yours looks like a security patch and not a version upgrade) I'd make sure that all your play store apps were up to date AND (this is where most people fail to update) update the Galaxy apps from the Samsung store. Then reboot the phone.

the "charging paused" message usually indicates that the charger is recognized but just not supplying enough juice. If you have a case, take it off and make sure you have the charger centered on the phone's sweet spot. I would also recommend using a charger (not the pad, but the actual wall charger) that delivers 2A or more. I get very spotty performance on lower amp chargers.

Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8