• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help update changes buttons to gesture, won't revert!

Naiv

Lurker
Aug 25, 2019
Maidstone, UK
The latest update gave me the option to try Androids new gesture controls, changing the home screen back, home, and tab buttons, so i said yes to try it, not realising now i can't go back, theirs nothing in gestures settings, tried googling about it, but seems as if other phones can revert back in gesture settings, but no mine? but also that i read, google wants to force this on us? is that true, i keep making mistakes on my phone due to gestures i want the damn buttons back.

Which update is this? I didn't know that the G6 was on the Android 10 beta programme, so are you talking about Android 9? If so the gesture setting name is a bit obscure, something like "swipe up on home button", which doesn't obviously tell you that this is what changes between the "pill" and the 3-button setup.

Or rather, that's the setting on a Pixel - I don't have a G6 to compare with, so am just hoping that it's the same problem (poor labelling of the function). But if it is not there at all then it's not Google forcing it on you but Motorola (because you can change it on a Pixel, after all).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones