1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Update do Android 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by of1967, Jul 26, 2013.

1. of1967

of1967 Lurker

Hi,
    I have a Nexus 7 (ASUS Model ME370T) with Android 4.2.2. Although I have issited several times manually to update the OS to 4.3, it allways says that the system is updated.
    I am located in Portugal. Can anyone help me to solve this? I would really like to run the new version of this great OS.
    Thank you.
    O.

Advertisement

2. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Google does phased roll outs. It can take several weeks for the OTA update to get to you. It only STARTED on July 24th.

[​IMG]

funkylogik likes this.
  3. of1967

of1967 Lurker

Ok. Thank you. I am new to the android world.
    Good to ear that.
    Best...
    O.

4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

Scam. I've heard that this "update" went live on the 24th. Currently the 26th and still nothing. Either both my Nexii are fakes or the update hasn't been released yet. Could also be devs get it first kinda like devs got Glass already while the rest of us wait

5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

OTA are usually rolled out in stages bro. Its a big planet. No conspiracys :D

Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

+1

:thumbup:

Give it a few more days .

7. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

It's phases and random luck. People in France, Philippines, Texas, etc. have it and I don't. It took me at least two weeks for the last the last update and I commute to work on the train with dozens of Google employees.

funkylogik likes this.
  8. nickdalzell

I got the new Play Store first day it was announced. So explain why my Nexus devices, supposedly the ones which get updates first, aren't getting it yet? So far what I've read the only ones who have it did it manually via adb or root recoveries

9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The play store was an app, not an entire OS update. It puts a lot less strain on update servers, and they can get it to more people quicker

I've explained this a few times. Nexus devices DO get updates first. You'll get it months before a non-nexus device does.

Theres plenty of people on the forums here that have gotten it via OTA. With that being said, this is an android enthusiast website, so many here have also taken it upon themselves to update manually the same day it was announced.

funkylogik likes this.
  10. funkylogik

Nick youre sounding a bit more illogical than usual bro :beer:
    Nexi' are clearly the first devices to get the update. Its a staged roll out same as the playstore was. If you happened to be one of the ones who got the new playstore first.. whats the odds of you gettin the 4.3 ota first too lol :)
    You can manually update it as Rxpert says :thumbup:

Rxpert83 likes this.
  11. nickdalzell

I'm not going to lug out and set up my huge ultra book just to force update via adb and risk bricking a $499 device. Besides, tablets are sophisticated enough now that needing a laptop to do anything with one is as obsolete as syncing a palm pilot.

12. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Go to the Android (as in Android Central) group on Google+. You will see reports from all around the world of some people getting it and a lot more NOT getting. It doesn't matter where you live it is completely random.

And yes Nexus devices are getting it first. We are getting it first in PHASES. We will get them before any S3 or any S4 or HTC One. Just not all on the same day.

funkylogik likes this.
  13. funkylogik

I dont know how flashing a nexus with stock works tbh. Does it require ADB?
    Know what u mean about pcs lol. I hate the things and havent "needed" one since i rooted my phone :D

14. nickdalzell

Damn the clearing data to services framework just broke play store. Can't update or download anything. Cannot be downloaded due to an error RPC 0 AEC 0. Great I just broke my nexus 10

15. funkylogik

#guilttrip lol.. that didnt break your tab mate :D

16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

If you don't want to boot up your laptop, then your only other option is waiting. 4.3 is nearly all under the hood stuff. Its not worth getting all bent out of shape over.

funkylogik likes this.
  17. nickdalzell

Edit, just got Google Play to work. A royal pita but I can install again. Last time I clear data from Play

18. mary french

mary french Newbie

Live in UK and got the update yesterday with no problems. Seems smoother to use somehow.
    Just be patient people. :)

19. MCMikey

MCMikey Newbie

Got mine last night in the UK too. Not noticed anything that different yet in terms of stability or functionality but early days and I don't use the multi user stuff

20. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

What does OTA stand for?
    I'm still waiting for my update, patiently.

21. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

OTA = Over The Air.
    It would be the official Google update pushed out to Nexus devices in this case.

22. bkratzer83

bkratzer83 Member

just updated mine to 4.3 ota

Rxpert83 likes this.
  23. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

It's released in stages to prevent the Google servers becoming overloaded.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  24. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast

Yo, people are getting really mad. It's not that serious folks. No use in getting upset, as it won't get the update to you any sooner. As said, the updates will be released in blocks, and you will get yours when you get yours (in fact, it's already been determined when you will get yours... the records are in some office at Google lol). Relax, the update is near :)

PS I still don't have mine... ahh the cornfields of Iowa, I'm guessing well be last in this update.

25. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

I haven't got mine yet either. It's just not a big enough upgrade to go through adb in my opinion.