• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root update error 8507

I uninstalled so many of them including web browser, email (not gmail), calendar and most likely a bunch of others.

From what I understand it isn't a Android OS update so I am not really worried about it. Thanks anyway.

While it may not update the OS version, it does update it. There have been a few exploits and bugs that are fixed with the update. Supposedly the phone has better stability as well. It also updates the baseband, which is probably why people are running into issues with 3g after the update.

Reactions: db2
Upvote 0
Do you know what apps your missing? If you post what .apk's you are missing I will try and post or private message send them... maybe others will help also.

you could also try a factory reset...

OK these are the apk that I need if someone could pull theme from system/app for me and upload them will be very helpful and appreciated. Thanks

Google Movies
Google Music
Google Plus
Google Talk
Google Books
Ecomode
Boost Zone
Mobile ID
Stock Browser
And the keyboard thats on this phone maybe swype.

Upvote 0
Here you go.

http://db.tt/oryULgnz

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the upload didnt get a chance to try it went into es file manager and change permissions of system/bin/chmod for what ever reason I dont know and now I am stuck on a boot loop. Maybe these files will help someone else though. Thanks alot. anybody know of a good phone from boost mobile that is good to root and has roms for it aswell? let me know gonna be buying a new one shortly.

Upvote 0
Check out the galaxy rush forum - they are rooted and "romified"; the phone is basically a prevail incarnate, which isn't a bad deal as I seriously doubt the Hydro will be unlocked. That's no slight to those trying to work it out - its more frustration aimed at Kyocera for not realizing that they are undermining their own image by keeping their phones locked down.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the upload didnt get a chance to try it went into es file manager and change permissions of system/bin/chmod for what ever reason I dont know and now I am stuck on a boot loop. Maybe these files will help someone else though. Thanks alot. anybody know of a good phone from boost mobile that is good to root and has roms for it aswell? let me know gonna be buying a new one shortly.

I just pulled and copied the files and zipped them it is not a "package" did you install them 1 by 1?:thinking:

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm facing the same problem and have taken the measures set forth to fix it. However, both the stock browser and Ecomode cannot be installed. There are no error codes, or any indication of what exactly went wrong but a big fat "This application could not be installed" message. Have you any idea of what may be the problem? (This is a general question). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm facing the same problem and have taken the measures set forth to fix it. However, both the stock browser and Ecomode cannot be installed. There are no error codes, or any indication of what exactly went wrong but a big fat "This application could not be installed" message. Have you any idea of what may be the problem? (This is a general question). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

You have to install them, by hand as in putting the files back in the proper locations, reboot the phone and they should be there working again.

Need all stock apps back, and i would suggest unrooting, then reroot after install
Make sure battery is charged and your internet connection is good

Reactions: NicklenDimed
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, man. I did a factory reset on my phone, and unrooted it before doing so. Now, my question is where are both the stock Browser and Ecomode supposed to go? Is there a designated folder for each application that I can access through ES File Explorer, or through my computer? Or do I have to create the folders and drop the files in them myself? If so, how do I do that without rooting the phone? Where are should I create the folders (/root /sdcard, etc.) If it's too much of a hassle to explain I understand. However, I'd very much like if you at least directed me to a similar post that's got the answer.

Upvote 0
All right, I did just that. Had to play around a little with ES Explorer and the root settings to get it to work, but I successfully transferred all of the files contained in the .rar posted before to the /system/app folder and the error still persists. I don't remember exactly which programs I deleted when I rooted the phone since it happened so long ago, so I'm guessing I'm missing the rest of the stock apps, but there's also the problem that both ecomode and the stock browser do not show up on my app drawer unlike every other app. These two particular apps were the only ones that didn't to install when I tried to install them by tapping on the app. That might be the problem, but I don't really know. I'm actually about to throw in the towel and just stick with whatever version of the firmware I have. Is this update even worth it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones