• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help update for Garminfone

patagonia,

The Eclair update is approximately 308 MB in size. You may have to delete some files from the internal memory. To my knowledge, the Eclair update must be downloaded to a file folder that you create in the Garminfone's internal storage, NOT the apps storage area, which you name 'Update'.

Once it is downloaded, it will automatically extract itself and run. DO NOT DISCONNECT the Garminfone during this process; it will reboot several times during the update process.

With no other files uploaded to the internal memory, the Garminfone has at least 1.58 GB of internal storage.

Upvote 0
Medicine Man, first of all thanks for your replay!
In the very begging i reset the phone to the factory settings and then I did all the staff as it says here:
https://buy.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={79353870-fd56-11df-c4e0-000000000000} [/COLOR]
exactly as it says, a lot of times. I even put away all the other folders except the garmin one in order to gain space but i got the same message " not enough internal space to perform the update". i can't understand whats the probl here. Any idea what to try next?
I would like to see youtube videos or video calls on skype :(
Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
patagonia,

If you go to this website:

clair Software - Support ~ Garmin-Asus

you will see links for the Eclair (Android 2.2) update download AND installation instructions.

I updated my dad's Garminfone using the above website, and it went flawlessly.

If you connect your Garminfone to a PC running Windows or Linux, or a Mac, the phone's storage will show up as a USB drive. You can then delete extra unnecessary files from there.

As to watching youtube videos, the Garminfone's browser will display them natively.

Video calls on Skype are another matter. The Garminfone only has that back-facing 3 MP camera, but I think that you can still use it for both Skype audio and video calls, though I haven't yet used the mobile version of Skype, so I don't know what the hardware requirements are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones