• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update for gs3

Don't do it! I'm having some weird issues with it since updating. My Wi-Fi won't stay connected. It says it's "disabled because Internet connection is slow." Hmm, that never seemed to be a problem before, and how is my 2 bars of 3G supposed to be better?

I've also got this obnoxious notification that won't go away for a couple of images I downloaded on to the phone. It says they're finished downloading but I can't get rid of that notification.

Those couple of issues make this a bucket of fail in my eyes.

Upvote 0
Don't do it! I'm having some weird issues with it since updating. My Wi-Fi won't stay connected. It says it's "disabled because Internet connection is slow." Hmm, that never seemed to be a problem before, and how is my 2 bars of 3G supposed to be better?

I've also got this obnoxious notification that won't go away for a couple of images I downloaded on to the phone. It says they're finished downloading but I can't get rid of that notification.

Those couple of issues make this a bucket of fail in my eyes.
if you go into wifi settings hit menu and choose advanced you can uncheck a box that says dont connect to bad wifi.

Upvote 0
I have had no issues. And to fix the notifications go into apps->downloads and clear the list. That will fix the notifications

Thanks man. That seems to have fixed it. And I figured out my Wi-Fi issue - I was setting an access point for one of our sites and forgot it was plugged in without an internet connection. My phone's been connecting to that this morning! :eek:

So in closing, I retract my earlier statements. I think it will be smooth sailing from here on.

Upvote 0
Thanks man. That seems to have fixed it. And I figured out my Wi-Fi issue - I was setting an access point for one of our sites and forgot it was plugged in without an internet connection. My phone's been connecting to that this morning! :eek:

So in closing, I retract my earlier statements. I think it will be smooth sailing from here on.

Your welcome

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones