1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update for lg connect 4g cant root now

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andriodhacker, Apr 15, 2012.

1. andriodhacker

andriodhacker Newbie

on this past wednesday i had to recover my phone through lg mobile tool and it updated my phone and it recovered it but now i cant root it what can i do??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sniper1087

Sniper1087 Well-Known Member

What version do you have? Zv9?

3. Same here. Now I cant root either and yes I'm on zv9. Anyone know of a workaround?

4. The LG Mobile Tool should have installed ZVA

5. myshkin

myshkin Android Enthusiast

Exactly what problems are you having rooting? No matter if it's ZVA or ZV9, it should root easily.

It also should have updated to ZVA, is your phone refurbished? How long have you had it? Unless you've had it since the spring and just never updated to ZVA it's probably refurbished. They come new with ZV9 anymore. Haven't for a really long time. Have you ever had to replace it? If so it's refurbished.

Anna

6. myshkin

myshkin Android Enthusiast

I meant DON'T come new with ZV9....ay yi yi

7. I remember the last time I used the LGUT it gave me problems but it installed ZVA, not ZV9. mtmichaelsons exploit kit also didn't work. There is another root exploit kit for the LG spectrum that did the trick. Also check and make sure USB mode is set to Internet Connection and USB debug is enabled etc. You know the drill, keep trying!

8. WAIT. Hacker, go to USB connection settings, make USB a default Internet Connection and UNCHECK the Ask Every Time box. I remember the root exploit made it past the first power cycle and lost it's USB connection after that because it went back to mass storage mode after reset. Try that, let me know if that worked. Need more coffee here, if anything else comes back to me I'll let you know.... hope that helps everybody.......

9. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

I think this thread will get the most informed root exposure in the All Things Root Forum. Hope everyone doesn't mind me moving it. Thanks!! :)

10. I was going to suggest that, there is a very similar post already here in the root section! ;)

Granite1 likes this.
  11. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

If you see a post that could get better help in the root forum, you can either PM me or any other guide, or just hit the report button and explain the thread needs moved. :)

I can't always get in here as often as I like, so any help is always appreciated. :eek:

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews