• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update From Mobile Phones Direct

I just chat with T-Mobile through e-chat and he told me to try order one through online which most probably I will pass. LOL.
Anyway, finger cross and I hope MPD will not call me. ahahhaha.
Thanks for the link, you have been very helpful to me. :)

Regardless of what happens (and i'm hoping you pass), there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

Tip: Sometimes when you go in store and it comes back fail, Sales staff can order-ride it so not all doom and gloom..Theres a light there :)

Spencer - without wishing to hijack the thread, do you mean that the PAYG Wildfire from Vodafone was not locked to Vodafone? i.e. your sister used a Tesco sim card in the Voda Wildfire?

Looking to get a Wildfire for my wife to soften the blow of my new Desire HD, and the Voda PAYG is

Reactions: jonrwg and Monker
Upvote 0
Thanks Spencer - last off-topic post... Do you know if there's much Vodafone rubbish left on the Wildfire after unlocking? Just trying to work out if there's any reason to pay the extra for the sim-free version :thinking:

I so need to be paid by Android Forums atm xD..Anyway back to the Q at hand.

I had a little browse on it, There isn't any software on it so to speak, so there's no Vodafone 360 crap on it. The only branding I saw on it was the startup had a logo of Vodafone on it, nothing intrusive really.

Sim free will have an unbranded ROM on it that's it really.

The only difference from what I can tell so far is that on boot it includes a Vodafone logo.. there's no other software on it. Only drawback really getting it from Vodafone is the fact that you will have to wait for Vodafone to release the updated ROM for it (if it makes it to 2.2 or 3.0), but thats not really a biggy.

If you like, once my sister gets back from university, I will upload record a video of the startup for you if you like :)

Upvote 0
Hi All,

First Post, this just popped into my email:

Dear Customer

Your new HTC Desire HD!

The latest information regarding your delivery has not changed - ‘we are still expecting to be able to fulfil your order by the end of October’.

This will have no impact on you being one of the first customers to receive this amazing new phone!

There is no need to call us, we promise to update you with further information next week.

Kind regards

I ordered mine on 20th Sept.

Upvote 0
i jsut got that aswell very generic

seeing as we all ordered different days i dont know how they can guarantee everyone by the end of october

as i said on the other thread we were told 15 days last friday

They must have some stock, thats all I can say really

Hi All,

First Post, this just popped into my email:

I ordered mine on 20th Sept.

You ordered yours 20th..how long has this pre-order page been up over there?

i got the same email too.

join the elite no special generic email club hehe *free beer*

Upvote 0
I'll stick to my principles, if I want to play music, i'll bring an MP3 player along :)

Looking at it, I could use the Desire HD as a music player, but then I would need some decent headphones, not to mention another battery as it would probably drain quick.

When I bought my iPhone 3G, one of the main reasons is that it would replace my iPod. It coped fine battery wise, I assume the DHD's music player would be the same. If so I will be happy with that, not a huge user anyway.

And another one who got the generic email, ordered on 8/10, they've promised me now, can't go back on their word!

Upvote 0
Got that email today, too.
I ordered mine on Sept 28. Hopefully we won't have long to go...

Hopefully.

someone else said cant remember sorry that they ordered theres on the 15th the first day it went up

I'm just trying to figure out how many orders they could possibly have!.

When I bought my iPhone 3G, one of the main reasons is that it would replace my iPod. It coped fine battery wise, I assume the DHD's music player would be the same. If so I will be happy with that, not a huge user anyway.

And another one who got the generic email, ordered on 8/10, they've promised me now, can't go back on their word!

Using the phone as an MP3 player may work out cheaper for me yet..Dunno..Still looking into the cost of a 32gb SD card and an decent headphones.

They ain't really promised anything, all they have said is they still expect to get them delivered before the end of October.

End of the day its how much stock they can get together.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones