1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Update Galaxy i9000 from an SD Card ?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ijtaylor05, Jan 15, 2012.

1. ijtaylor05

ijtaylor05 Lurker
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    Hi, I have a Galaxy S (i9000) running 2.2 which I badly need to update to gingerbread. I have the usual problem of getting it working with Kies on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC. I've tried virtual machine XP, I've tried all the patches and ideas for connecting it but to no avail, the USB just won't pick up the phone and install the drivers. I can't even use ODIN as it won't recognise the damned phone. Samsungs "Official Response" is use XP mode !!

Does anybody know if there is a way of installing Gingerbread firmware update from an external SD card, or from the internal SD on the phone ?

This is REALLY starting to frustrate me, I moved from Blackberry to Android so I'm still learning Andorid but and on the whole, I love my droid phone, its just Samsungs poxy software thats ruining the whole experience for me :mad:

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I updated my phone via Windows 7 x64 no hitches.

When you connected to the PC, was the PC connected to the internet and was the phone on th default touch wiz launcher and set to Kies mode and not mass storage? The phone must be in touchwiz and completely idle before Kies can detect it.