1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Update Galaxy S2 to 2.3.6 firmware

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Tdnapa, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Tdnapa

Tdnapa Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2012
    How do i upgrade my galaxy s2 firmware to 2.3.6 I am a new android owner and cannot figure it out any help would be great thanks

Tyler

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Install Samsung Kies on your PC and run it. Connect your phone to PC in Kies mode. Kies will notify you if there is an update available. Make sure your battery is at least 80% and you have a fast internet connection on your computer.

3. leo9891

leo9891 Member
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Male
    Military
    JBLM, Washington
    You can also check for an OTA, Over The Air, update. I would recommend WiFi, unless you have unlimited data.

Go into your Settings, scroll down to Software Update and check from there. It will let you know if there is an update and ask you of you want to update now or postpone it for 1, 5, or 10 hrs.

Here's one thing though, I, along with other SGS2 users would recommended against updating cause of poor battery life issues on 2.3.6 Gingerbread. Also, if you want to Root your phone (Hack it/JailBreak it) somewhere down the line, you should use 2.3.4. I had some issues on 2.3.6 when I Rooted it, my WiFi and Data was not working.

If you want to try 2.3.6 that's fine, there is a downgrading method to get back on 2.3.4 like I did.