• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update Gameboid Pain

Hi, I have been happily playing my GBA emulator for a few weeks now on my HTC hero. But after a recent update on my phone I can no longer save the games. I have tried everything my little mind can comprehend to alter this problem, but as off yet no luck. Has anybody else experienced this problem and can the person please help out a brotha in need (Pokemon 50 hrs play wasted will make me cry). I have been told it sounds like the update may have changed the ROMS to read only files, but if this is so I cant figure out how to change this because all my files are now highlighted as read only.
Thanks richiepickle.

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling it from the market. I'm pretty sure the demo version of gameboid doesn't allow saves, so perhaps the update screwed up your market link and the app defaulted to demo mode.

I don't think it would remove your saves when you uninstall, but maybe you'd want to backup the files first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones