1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update Google Search

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tagta3, Aug 17, 2010.

1. tagta3

tagta3 Member

Just an FYI, I downloaded google search last night even though we already have it built in, apparently when you go to the market it doesn't show google search as installed nor an update. I installed it and it appears to have updated the built in google search in our phones. I then uninstalled it just to see if it would tell me there was an update and then it did. I thought I would post this so everyone can update their google search. Also don't forget to install/update google voice search while you're at it.

zombdroid likes this.
  2. What's different in the updated version?

3. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast

The version on my EVO is 1.0 and the version in the Market is 1.1.0.48668 - A few people are reporting this has broken their search button. http://www.androlib.com

4. blinky260

blinky260 Newbie

Updated my EVO and the google voice does everything is supposed to do. Showed it to my wife and she said "update my EVO"! So I did but it doesn't work on hers. All of our settings are identical , the only thing I can see is that her contacts are not going into her gmail account for some reason. I've synced her gmail account but when I check, it only shows that there are two contacts where there should be over 200.

Help me out and make my wife happy. Thanks

5. Never!?

Never!? Well-Known Member

Address please :p

Mabster likes this.
  6. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I thought the update brought some new features to froyo enabled phones? Like there was some new voice stuff and the search widget is a little different too