• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update Horror

ilyabyk83

Oct 25, 2010
Hi all. I'm using a Nexus 6P; few weeks ago my internet connection was suppa fast and the phone displayed "4G" icon... Something happened and I didn't even notice...where it used to display 4G now shows LTE and my internet connection is awful now... HELP??

Attachments

• Internet Speed.png
    Internet Speed.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 134
4G is LTE (they are one in the same) 4G=4th Generation LTE=Long Term Evolution Just different names for the same service. If you are having data issues it could be a multitude of things, first off who is your carrier? Also speed tests can be a little deceiving. What people do not realize is that high speed tests use remote servers that are not within the providers network, or control. So if there is a slowdown outside the network they cannot do anything about it. Even within the network speed cannot always be guaranteed simply because you are using a wireless device that is subject to external interference. Now with that being said there are some troubleshooting steps you can take.

-After the update have you deleted the cache partition?
-Is this happening in multiple areas?
-Have you had someone else try the same speed test next to you on the same carrier?
-Have you tried other speed tests that use different servers?

Just a few things to get you started.

Upvote 0
4G is LTE (they are one in the same) 4G=4th Generation LTE=Long Term Evolution Just different names for the same service. If you are having data issues it could be a multitude of things, first off who is your carrier? Also speed tests can be a little deceiving. What people do not realize is that high speed tests use remote servers that are not within the providers network, or control. So if there is a slowdown outside the network they cannot do anything about it. Even within the network speed cannot always be guaranteed simply because you are using a wireless device that is subject to external interference. Now with that being said there are some troubleshooting steps you can take.

-After the update have you deleted the cache partition?
-Is this happening in multiple areas?
-Have you had someone else try the same speed test next to you on the same carrier?
-Have you tried other speed tests that use different servers?

Just a few things to get you started.
That shot was taken off basic Google Search for "Speed Test"

Never deleted anything. How? Where? What would I loose??

As far as I see - yes everywhere not just at home

Yes, my mom's S5 - displays "4G" still and results are 50x higher.

I just opened up Google Search and said "internet speed connection test". I tested with whatever Google provided. I'm sure it found me a correct server!!

Upvote 0
You are in the process of troubleshooting. We cannot promise this will work, but as with identifying any issue it is a matter of taking steps to isolate the cause. Since you recently updated the phone it is a safe bet that clearing the cache may improve performance by clearing out files that may be interfering with the proper operation of your phone. In order to help you identify and resolve the issue please perform the steps listed below :) Once you have completed that go to the play store and download speedtest and let us know the results
  • To clear the system cache you’ll need to power off your Nexus, then:

• Press and hold Volume Down and Power simultaneously until you see the boot screen
  • Use Volume Down to navigate to Recovery Mode
  • Press Power to confirm
  • Wait until you see the Android robot then hold down Power. Press and release Volume Up.
  • Navigate with Volume Down to the Wipe Cache Partition option.
  • Press Power to select.
  • Use Volume Down to highlight the Yes option.
  • Press Power to select.
  • Press Power to reboot your Nexus.
Once you’ve rebooted the cache will be completely empty, so it’ll take a while to repopulate. Don’t worry if things seem a little slower than usual when loading apps /screens right after clearing it.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
At this step it return with a message on screen "No command"
Yep, that's absolutely 100% normal. It's not really an error as much as the phone just saying "okay, I'm in recovery but you haven't told me to do anything yet." It can be a bit of a trick to get past that screen, but as @SolApathy said you should hold down the Power button while you tap the Volume Up button. You should then be presented with the menu. :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: SolApathy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones