• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update install success poll

Please choose one

• No root or lagfix, update succeeded

Votes: 83 46.1%
  • No root or lagfix, update failed

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Rooted only, update succeeded

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Rooted only, update failed

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • Lagfix only, update succeeded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lagfix only, update failed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rooted & lagfix, update succeeded

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • Rooted & lagfix, update failed

Votes: 29 16.1%

• Total voters
You should also include "GPS fixed" "GPS not fixed".

Mine would be "GPS not fixed".

That's a different issue and not the point of this poll. 8 options is enough as it is. :)

The purpose of this poll is to get a sense of whether lag fixes and/or being rooted interferes with OTA updates on this phone. Whether this update actually does what people want it to do is besides the point.

Upvote 0
My new puppy grabbed my Captivate right out of my hand... good thing I'm a dog lover....heh! So off to AT&T yesterday for a new Captivate.

First thing today I received the message from AT&T, advising of the update. Once settled in at the office, I was ready to run it. Being a tad OCD, I decided to time it... :)

Total time from start to finish was 7 min. 26 sec. The process went very smooth.

Got the full version of QuickOffice as expected, and overall there is a significant increase in responsiveness. It seems faster than my original with the lag fix done. Next up was a test of GPS performance.

Went out for a walk using my hand held Garmin GPS I use for hiking, since I know it functions accurately. I must say I'm very pleased, especially as picky as I am. My new Captivate's GPS is operating properly and quite accurate at that.

My experience with this update has been a complete success, it's made this phone a real pleasure to use.

Upvote 0
If those of you who rooted or lagfixed could post in this thread which tool you used, and whether it succeeded or failed for you, that'd be helpful.

It's not consistent from the poll results so far, so that suggests that some tools are better than others. And it would appear lagfixes cause more problems than rooting, so am particularly interested in which lag fixes were used.

Upvote 0
No root or lagfix....

Got the new OTA update and everything was successful. Went outside to try ATT Nav and Google Nav and still nothing. And to top it off now i cant get back into gps settings *#*#1472365#*#* does absolutely nothing wtf

Someone please help

The update removed that feature. Apparently you can get to it through a shortcut in the home screen though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones