• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update just came available

Ok im not a fan of updates at all. They've crippled way too many of my devices I the past, and an update just popped up a half an hour ago. First off I was at bestbuy and asked a samsung employee if the 10.1 2012 will be getting air command or any of those features, and he said it should hopefully come to the tablet sometime soon. I dont want to update the software and slow it down because its my last good android until I buy my new Moto X from republic wireless. Please if anyone attempts this update please let me know if it mames the device sluggish

Ok im not a fan of updates at all. They've crippled way too many of my devices I the past, and an update just popped up a half an hour ago. First off I was at bestbuy and asked a samsung employee if the 10.1 2012 will be getting air command or any of those features, and he said it should hopefully come to the tablet sometime soon. I dont want to update the software and slow it down because its my last good android until I buy my new Moto X from republic wireless. Please if anyone attempts this update please let me know if it mames the device sluggish

Hi. Can you clarify - is an update available or just expected? If it is available, how do you know? Where is it available? Where are you, your profile doesn't say.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Here is what comes up

Attachments

• 1384300707027.jpg
    1384300707027.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0
I've installed the update several times. I've gone as far as to remove the app and stall fresh and it doesn't install the way it's supposed to.

The user interface isn't the same, and does not allow me to set SMS or MMS.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry, you've lost me. This is a software update we're talking about. So why do you say "I've gone as far as to remove the app and stall fresh...". What app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones