• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update leaks for Verizon

panther2469

Android Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2010
CA
Update leaks for Verizon’s HTC Thunderbolt, brings bug fixes but no Android 4.0

Verizon Wireless’s first ever LTE enabled smartphone is getting the Ice Cream Sandwich treatment soon. According to Verizon’s official list of phones that are getting the ICS update, the Thunderbolt is next in line to get the much anticipated update for the Android operating system. Even though the phone was on the list, there was no information immediately available as to when the update will be sent out. Word on the web is that the Thunderbolt will be getting one more maintenance update before the Android operating system gets updated.
The update, version 2.11.605.19, is the one the company is talking about, but the release notes have not been issued which is something that typically happens about one week before the update is sent out. As of right now, the Verizon Wireless support page for the Thunderbolt is not showing the change log. According to online sources, the change log includes enhanced features and resolutions for issues that customers have complained about since the phone launched back in March of 2011. The update will not be the new Ice Cream Sandwich update, rather an update to the original Gingerbread build.

According to the posted change log the update will include
  • CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert System) support
  • IPv6 over eHRPD
  • Mobile Hotspot disconnecting
  • Previous state ID being displayed on incoming call
  • Viewing Yahoo email with mail app – body of message disappears
  • Support for Cisco Any Connect VPN
  • VZNav version updated (7.5.0.134)
  • Volume adjusted when in HAC mode
  • URL for VVM updated
  • Birthday mismatch while adding birthday and saving to contacts BUA+ updates
  • Device stability resets
  • Retry for abnormal picture download for Facebook
The HTC Thunderbolt is the perfect candidate for the new Android operating system and hopefully users with the phone will get to see that update this year.

Prob not. I'd have the phone replaced. Assuming you have already done some troubleshooting and have narrowed it down to the phone.

-Frank
I have purchased both rezound and thunderbolt extended batteries. A 3500nah battery and a
1600mah seidio and resound battery and get the same results. Had my thunderbolt since day one of its release with no issues at all. Hate to give it up for some refurbished ex headache of someone else. You feel me? My thunderbolt is a year later still like new.

Upvote 0
I have purchased both rezound and thunderbolt extended batteries. A 3500nah battery and a
1600mah seidio and resound battery and get the same results. Had my thunderbolt since day one of its release with no issues at all. Hate to give it up for some refurbished ex headache of someone else. You feel me? My thunderbolt is a year later still like new.

If it does this with another cable, I'd exchange it.

-Frank

Upvote 0

I tried every troubleshoot I could, but found no reason for the charging issue.
I understand your hesitation. The first CLN replacement I got had issues, but the second works perfectly and looks flawless.

Upvote 0
That seems like a pretty big sized update. And the fact that TB is confirmed for ICS makes me think that they wouldn't release such a large update right before they're going to push ICS. What would be the point? They've made us wait for every update, why be nice and send one out to preface ICS? My money is on ICS updates starting 5/10. Just my two cents.

Upvote 0
That seems like a pretty big sized update. And the fact that TB is confirmed for ICS makes me think that they wouldn't release such a large update right before they're going to push ICS. What would be the point? They've made us wait for every update, why be nice and send one out to preface ICS? My money is on ICS updates starting 5/10. Just my two cents.

no way the TB will have ics on 5/10. GB took forever,and ICS prolly will as well.since htc does not like to update sense version,they will have to re-engineer it not only for the TB hardware,but also for its sense 2.1

if youre refering to android police download for its huge size,its because its a whole rom with firmware,not just the OTA. ;) when the OTA is pushed,whats downloaded to your phone will be considerably smaller than that.

Upvote 0
really? that would be a first... usually they do not upgrade sense versions. where did you read this?

also,has this update happened(been pushed to phones) yet? ive been waiting till its officially on phones to update my unroot files.
The list of phones that will be officially updated was released in February or early March and that was reported here on Phandroid and other sites. Insofar as the Sense version, there have been several reports (also here on Phandroid and other sites) where HTC stated that phones getting upgraded to ICS will be getting Sense 3.6. I know Endgadget had a preview of Sense 3.6 and they also mentioned this there.

The update for the TBolt has not happened yet. It may be a few more months before it does. The Rezound is getting it first and there have been leaks already for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones