• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help UPDATE: Need tester for the updated SPRINT FG11 baseband

niteNarmor

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
PH8AL and I are working on updating the baseband for the SPRINT Ultra without having to flash back to stock for rooted phones.

Actually PH8AL is doing all the work.

I had all the necessary files except one. The mmcblk0p6 from a FG11 baseband Sprint Ultra. This file contains NO personnal information. If anyone is able to help PLEASE hit me up and I will give directions on how to obtain it if you don't know how.

We have the necessary files but it is easier to receive the file from a SPRINT phone that is already updated then to decompile then recompile the file (according to PH8AL). Without him this might not be able to be done.

So we now have the needed file for the update of the Sprint baseband. Since I was the one who went back to stock and applied all updates and is currently with the updated baseband, I know longer am able to test this.

We are in need of tester for the Sprint baseband update. Any takers?

Please remember we are in no way responsible for what happens to your phone. Even though every precaution has been used to ensure nothing goes wrong, it is a phone and things can go wrong. Please do at your own risk.

Upvote 0
Great news!!!

But first I need to know everything your rooted has. What baseband you have, what version android, rom, sprint or boost. Just the normal things.

Plus I need you to understand, what you do to your phone is up to you. We are NOT responsible if anything goes wrong. Even though we take every precaution, things happen (plus it is a phone).

Let me know if you are still willing.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones