1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Update notification for apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kalel3038, Jan 17, 2010.

1. kalel3038

kalel3038 Active Member

Dec 27, 2009
    MODESTO CA
    Alright guy this is my first thread so please go easy on me ok lol if i am posting this in wrong place please direct me to the light...but back to subject has anybody had a problem with Market not notifing you when you have an update? I come from being a long time G1 user so i know its suppuse to notify you but yesterday i go into my downloads and like 15 of my apps needed update and i was like well i never got a notification so if anybody can help gladly appreciate it.

Advertisement

2. marcusb

marcusb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    This doesn't work for some reason at the moment (pun intended). It actually didn't work on the Hero either when I owned that. Phandroid even has an article from last year on the issue: Android Market: App Update Notifications Broken? | Android Phone Fans

Not sure if it's the same issue or if we sprint users are experiencing something different.

3. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    If you go to the Market > My Downloads, you will see a list of all of your downloads and the ones marked UPDATE AVAILABLE will be at the top.

4. marcusb

marcusb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    We know that.. but there should be something in the notification bar when an update is available

5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I bet most first time android users on sprint had no clue it did. There was a thread about automatic updates and it all pointed to My Downloads to check. I actually don't mind checking that. Don't know if I want update notifications. I get enough notifications of other crap to add that in. But it definitely would be a nice feature for many I'm sure.

6. shakuyi

shakuyi Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    we also need an "update all" button as well

7. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    ...or all selected - and the ability to pick what gets updated and when. But I agree! Good idea.

8. Tyrahn

Tyrahn Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Theatre Technical Director
    Milwaukee, WI
    Update notifications work just fine on my Girlfriend's Droid Eris, until she got it though I had no idea that update notifications were even a possibility ...

Clark