1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update on gingerbread in the philippines..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gianchan19, Sep 2, 2011.

1. gianchan19

gianchan19 Newbie

Does the gingerbread update available in our country???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. peytal

peytal Newbie

yeah there is.

3. jujubelatte

jujubelatte Newbie

if gingerbread update is available in the Philippines, where can I update my phone? should I bring it to a samsung service center or do I have to download something from the net?

4. gianchan19

gianchan19 Newbie

@peytal is it available via kies or available through service center??

@jujubelate some says that it can be updated by bringing the phone in the service center

5. gianchan19

gianchan19 Newbie

Wala pa ba guys??? Update naman kau

6. jarakal

jarakal Lurker

I've already updated my phone to Gingerbread yesterday using KIES :) and yes I'm from Philippines

7. gianchan19

gianchan19 Newbie

Yhup i've alredy read from samsung philippines that it is available... Nosebleed ahaha

8. chuasean

chuasean Lurker

Yes. Its already available thru KIES. Updated yesterday to 2.3.4 mukhang mas updated ang philippine version. Kahit late sulit. Yung ibang countries pansin ko 2.3.3 sila.

9. KiranD

KiranD Lurker

Hey Frnds,

I bought new ACE phone in India & got surprised that it was already with Gingerbird update. So I am happy about that but at the same time I am quite worried that if it is not yet officially announced in india how I got the phone with 2.3 Gingerbird directly.

10. arnboie

arnboie Lurker

gusto ko bumili ng ace, pero takot ako sa SOD or random shutdown problem.. OK ba ang status ng fon mu now u hav 2.3.4 update? tnx!

11. gianchan19

gianchan19 Newbie

Ndi naman sya nagrarandom shutdown ee..ahaha tnt...masmaganda ung froyo kase masmabils naun gingerbread sya masmabagal kase tumaas ang usage ng ram nea

12. ajtutxx

ajtutxx Lurker

I’m from Philippines, I’ve just updated my samsung galaxy ace from froyo 2.2.1 to gingerbread 2.3.4 using KIES as of 10/18/2011 10:58 AM. Tip with this is just download/install the latest or the most recent update of Samsung Kies or you can even update your previous installed Kies. Then connect your phone to pc, open Kies and once that your phone is detected, it will automatically search for the latest firmware update. If an update has appeared, continue with it and don’t forget to make a backup your important files from your phone. I recommend to remove your sd card and sim card first before you proceed with the installation. Just follow the steps and that’s it! Wait for 10-20 mins and you’ll successfully upgraded your firmware to gingerbread 2.3.4.

13. bobetmm

bobetmm Lurker

Guys i'm from the Philippines and I just want to share that updates to GINGERBREAD is already available at Samsung service center, got mine updated last monday (Oct 23) at SM Mall of Asia branch. Well, i'm quite satisfied with the update, so far it's working smoothly despite the message skin theme concern in w/c we cannot change anymore unlike in the Froyo version.

I have only one problem with the upgrade, I can't connect to my PC now via USB connection. I will go back to Samsung again for this, i'm sure they can address it. Does anyone encountered this problem when upgraded to 2.3 ver?

I will give you update about the PC/USB connection problem once I got back from Samsung store.

14. zt3

zt3 Lurker

Ei guys, Filipino here as well. I recently bought my Ace last Oct 22. Took me a week to familiarize the functions and operations of Android phones (first time user). Yesterday I flashed my ROM with 2.3.5 XWKS2 (from samfirmware). Stock ROM was 2.3.4. I must say.. 2.3.5 is much better than stock as it got better features such as flashing of touch buttons, overscroll glow effect, additional languages, fast switching bet screens, etc.

15. KayeNg

KayeNg Lurker

Hello. Taga Pinas ka ba? Anong ginamit mo pang update from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5? Odin or Kies?

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews