• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UPDATE optimus M prl Using QPST

Thanks for the tutorial, was able to make my way through it (that's an accomplishment for me...LOL)

I started with prl 3020 and my download speed went from 128kbps(1x) to 64 and my upload went from 152 to 3068. My ping went from 18 to 885. (no 3G symbol showing but I tested anyway)

Why would my DL drop so much while the others went up? (tested twice with similar results) This was using speedtest.net so I'll try the FCC version next(just read that post).

Should I try this prl out for a couple of days or immediately try the next prl? It seemed some people had better results after a day or two.

I have downloaded prl 3020, 3022, 3023 but the link to 3024 just takes me to the MediaFire home page (anyone else having this problem?)

Thanks in advance for any answers.

edit: FCC test results were similar

edit: 3024 prl *found this link in another post and downloaded it...haven't tried it in phone yet*

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tutorial, was able to make my way through it (that's an accomplishment for me...LOL)

I started with prl 3020 and my upload speed went from 128kbps(1x) to 64 and my upload went from 152 to 3068. My ping went from 18 to 885. (no 3G symbol showing but I tested anyway)

Why would my DL drop so much while the others went up? (tested twice with similar results) This was using speedtest.net so I'll try the FCC version next(just read that post).

Should I try this prl out for a couple of days or immediately try the next prl? It seemed some people had better results after a day or two.

I have downloaded prl 3020, 3022, 3023 but the link to 3024 just takes me to the MediaFire home page (anyone else having this problem?)

Thanks in advance for any answers.

edit: FCC test results were similar

edit: 3024 prl *found this link in another post and downloaded it...haven't tried it in phone yet*

fixed the link problem on OP ... you can try each prl for a few days and easily switch between them and see what works best for you!

Upvote 0
Oh My God, I can not thank you enough.

I, like you, did the *228 and lost my 3g by being put back to 3019. When I talked to a MPCS rep he said "Do not ever *228 if you already have something better, your phone could be rolled back. Metro will push to a new prl and the prl at *228 may not up to date." His words not mine.

Again, thank you so much for this
newbie prof Tutorial, and I can say that because I am one.

And thank you macjay420 for 3024 :D

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I have a question I hope that someone can help me with. Okay, I lost my first Optimus M and I recieved another one thru Metro's insurance, refurbished. My problem is when trying to change my prl, I notice that my phone number is not showing up correctly on QPST, same area code but totally different phone number from mine! What the heck!!! So my question is if it's still safe/possible to change the prl with out causing any problems or damage to my phone? Some help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I also notice this same number shows up under MIN on my phone! My phone is 2.2.2 operating system.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I have a question I hope that someone can help me with. Okay, I lost my first Optimus M and I recieved another one thru Metro's insurance, refurbished. My problem is when trying to change my prl, I notice that my phone number is not showing up correctly on QPST, same area code but totally different phone number from mine! What the heck!!! So my question is if it's still safe/possible to change the prl with out causing any problems or damage to my phone? Some help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I also notice this same number shows up under MIN on my phone! My phone is 2.2.2 operating system.

That is your min number dnt mess with that you need it or you won't have data..write that down just incase you zero out if youever try to downgrade or you will be calling metro...just follow the directions you will be fine

Upvote 0
That is your min number dnt mess with that you need it or you won't have data..write that down just incase you zero out if youever try to downgrade or you will be calling metro...just follow the directions you will be fine
Thanks alot macjay420 for your quick response! So are you say that I need to downgrade my system, before I can change my prl? I didn't even think about that, my first phone was rooted! So even though the phone number shows up different on QPST its ok to proceed? It wont effect/change anything but the prl? Sorry for all the questions I just dont want to mess things up.

Upvote 0
Thanks alot macjay420 for your quick response! So are you say that I need to downgrade my system, before I can change my prl? I didn't even think about that, my first phone was rooted! So even though the phone number shows up different on QPST its ok to proceed? It wont effect/change anything but the prl? Sorry for all the questions I just dont want to mess things up.

If you want a to,root,or slap a nice rom on it then yes downgrade.....but you dnt need to downgrade to change your prl. You won't mess it up if you dnt change anything but prl

Upvote 0
it does workwith optimus m
you must have usb driver installed and enable usb debugging for it to work

after i manually update to prl 3020 i did 228 update and it reverted back to 3019 so i redid the whole process and it worked

where are u stuck?

Let me start by apologizing for my incompetence, but what does it mean by installing the usb driver? How do I check my computer to see if I have this? If not, where do I get this driver? The answer is probably so simple I'm just not seeing it, I'm just not technoligically savvy...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones