• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update prl using QPST

yep brian im getting the same link so i tried downloading the g2x drivers and it still won't show..even when i open the qpst there's no area that shows "ports" what gives...and even if you erase where it says /blogs/ and put the url/downloads/ you can download it but after you DO download it..i get an error...so what gives...

Upvote 0
So having the 3024 prl installed. I've not noticed any 3g connection yet. Yes, I'm in the 3G coverage as the LG optimus my friend has, has 3G..

my question is, does the 3023 better over the 3024 or what's the diference, does anyone know yet between the two prl's?

If you are getting 4g it wont switch to 3g. It will work in steps 4g- of no 4g then 3g- if no 4g and 3g then 1x. Personally i have not lost 4g at all. South florida has great 4g signal

Upvote 0
If you are getting 4g it wont switch to 3g. It will work in steps 4g- of no 4g then 3g- if no 4g and 3g then 1x. Personally i have not lost 4g at all. South florida has great 4g signal

Yes, This I know. But when I had the Indulge and in my house theres one spot 4G just wimps out in and 1x would kick on.

I go to that same spot and the Esteem shows 4G but not light up with green text or the signal bar isn't green either. (not sure what the green vs white 4G icon and status signal bar means)

so on that note, even though its 4G with white icon and singal status bar it diesn't switch to 1x or 3g and I get not data even though it 'shows' 4G (white not green)

Upvote 0
I got the white 4g for about 10 minutes after i did the manual update amd when i first turned my phone on. Now i only get it for few seconds when switching from wifi to 4g. That might have something to do with searching for 4g signal. Today i was in a building with thick cement walls and it switched to 1x for me.

Upvote 0
I did this to an LG optimus succesfully
Trying it on this Esteem but cant get it to work.
It wont detect my phone.
I went to device manager checked the port n its there on (COM7).
i noticed a difference on your screen shot from what i see on my hardware list.
Yours has "LGE Android platform USB GPS NMEA port" and "LGE Android Platform USB serial port."
On my list i only see the second "LG SERIAL PORT"
I added the port (COM7)
Then service programming shows "Unknown phone, ESN, and phone number"
When i click okay it says "Online connection failure, Unspecified error"

Upvote 0
I have a problem using this method to update my prl, after i click service programming i found that my phone # doesnt match the phone # in the box. Is there a way i can fix this?!

just did this on a diff phone.. It is not the telephone number, it's the MIN #.. Your meid should match though.. And on cm7 (don't have esteem YET) your min is under about phone..

Upvote 0
Thanks i got it working now

Buddylo, when you plug your phone in and check device manager under ports, do you see "LGE ANDROID PLATFORM USB GPS NMEA PORT [COMXX]"?

I've been having a hard time pushing this PRL to my phone.
Drivers seem to be up and running since i just rooted my phone.
I noticed it shows that "GPS NMEA PORT" on the screen shot instructions.
I just dont see it on mine.

Upvote 0
Buddylo, when you plug your phone in and check device manager under ports, do you see "LGE ANDROID PLATFORM USB GPS NMEA PORT [COMXX]"?

I've been having a hard time pushing this PRL to my phone.
Drivers seem to be up and running since i just rooted my phone.
I noticed it shows that "GPS NMEA PORT" on the screen shot instructions.
I just dont see it on mine.

It didn't matter on my end, nor the diferent phone number it showed me on COM3 (which appears not to be your actual phone number)

Just make sure you choose "card5500-1900" when given the chance, or manually.

It seemed to be dangerous once you apply it, and not really worth it fro now I guess.

Read here:

Ok I just updated to the 3024 PRL and forced CDMA mode so that the phone would never go into 4G, and only use 3G or 1X. Well I did some download tests in 3G, and it didn't matter if I had 1 bar of signal or 4, the speeds were barely faster than 1X. This can't be the 3G people have been talking about because this is useless. What speeds are you guys pulling on 3G? With 3G on the speed test app, I only got 200kbps down..right after pulling 3000kbps down on 4G.

Originally Posted by daydreamingby
Same here, not many people here give proof or post speed and zip code, it would be very useful to know this information.

As for me, I'm not rooted yet (waiting on something more oficial), but I upgraded to 3024 PRL, and haven't been able to go into 1x or 3G ever since. How do you force CMDA?

33463 West Palm Beach @ 1.5Mbps on 4GLTE

Did that, tested speeds, and didn't notice much change on speed tests. Basically I rarely go over 1.5Mbps on 4G, and over 300Kbps on "3G" on South Florida West Palm Beach.

Thanks to original poster for the tutorial though.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply.
I don't see the option of choosing "card5500-1900"
@Qpst configuration i dont see "FF/SURF..........." under phone it shows "(804e5c19)"
under link it shows "38400 baud"
When i go to start client and service programming
Shows
Phone - Unknown
ESN - 804e5c19
phone number - Shows my MIN

What am i missing? Im going crazy here! :(:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones