• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update problem

Olly101

Nov 14, 2010
I'm with rogers and having a little problem with update via pc companion, when I get at the end of step 2 and do all the steps to unplug the phone and restart it, the phone just restarts and does nothing else. After a while I get a message telling me that if I am having problem to just restart at step 1. Can anybody please help me?

it's doing the exact same thing I plug the phone back in a press the back button and the phone just boots up and nothing happens.

You say you plug the phone in then press the back button

Try following the instructions exactly - disconnect the battery, leave for 30 seconds then put back together - DO NOT TURN ON

Connect the USB cable to your computer when the SEUS asks you to connect the phone up

HOLD down the BACK button (do not release) and connect the USB cable to the phone, ONLY release the back button when SEUS instructs you to do so

This should cure your problem as it sounds from your post that you are not following the procedure correctly

Upvote 0
OK my left field suggestion is try it on a different PC. Worked for me in the past.

The suggestion on SE Product Blog may also help

Also you can try removing and re-installing the application or delete the contents in the database folder for Update Service “Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db

Worth a bash before you try calling tech support.

Reactions: Olly101
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones