• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update problems - help for a noob

digs43

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
Hey everyone,

I recently got the update (2.2) on my Droid X. After downloading it, my phone rebooted and got stuck on the screen with the Motorola logo. I looked on this message board and saw that taking the battery out and putting it back in could solve this problem, and it did (as long as I rebooted while plugged in). I have noticed that whenever I turn off my phone, when I try to turn it on I get the same problem in that the phone is stuck on the Motorola screen indefinitely (I gave it about an hour with no change). It seems random, but after taking out the battery and putting it back in 5 or 6 times it boots up, but the next time I turn off my phone the same thing happens. What can I do to fix this? As a point of reference, I received a call (the ringtone went off on the phone) while "stuck" on the Motorola logo screen, but I couldn't answer it. Thanks in advance for all your help.

-Digs

Hey everyone,

I recently got the update (2.2) on my Droid X. After downloading it, my phone rebooted and got stuck on the screen with the Motorola logo. I looked on this message board and saw that taking the battery out and putting it back in could solve this problem, and it did (as long as I rebooted while plugged in). I have noticed that whenever I turn off my phone, when I try to turn it on I get the same problem in that the phone is stuck on the Motorola screen indefinitely (I gave it about an hour with no change). It seems random, but after taking out the battery and putting it back in 5 or 6 times it boots up, but the next time I turn off my phone the same thing happens. What can I do to fix this? As a point of reference, I received a call (the ringtone went off on the phone) while "stuck" on the Motorola logo screen, but I couldn't answer it. Thanks in advance for all your help.

-Digs

try a factory data reset. menu -> settings -> privacy -> factory data reset.

or, if it wont boot, hold home and power on. when they green dude shows up, hit search, and clear data that way. that is probably your best shot of fixing the phone.

otherwise, sbf with the new 2.2 sbf.

Team Black Hat does it again...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones