• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update question with BH_MAN's rom

spiz

Android Expert
Feb 14, 2010
Redmond, OR
I'm sorry if this has been answered, but can I not get the update while using his rom? I thought I could see it, just not download it. Or am I just having really bad luck in not receiving the update so far? Not that I care, but I was just wondering. My wife hasn't received hers either.

Yeah I knew the update wouldn't work with the rom, but I was under the impression that since I'm technically still running BH2 stock, I'd at least be able to see that I can download the update... so then I'd know when to Odin back to get the update.

I'm not sure why I care since his rom is better than the update anyways. :cool:

Upvote 0
Yeah I knew the update wouldn't work with the rom, but I was under the impression that since I'm technically still running BH2 stock, I'd at least be able to see that I can download the update... so then I'd know when to Odin back to get the update.

I'm not sure why I care since his rom is better than the update anyways. :cool:
Well I wouldn't say the reason you haven't gotten the update is due to running his port. I have been running the stock firmware for over 2 weeks now and have yet to get the update.

As for his port, I believe the update would not come through as the updates are pushed through DeviceManager. If you try to start DeviceManager on his port it will state it cannot be initialized.

Upvote 0
Update's Will not work on the Stock Rom / no Twiz Rom...
As Mastermind278 had said, DeviceManager is Disabled & I'm going to just removed it in the Next release pending if it breaks anything.. Also going to include the Battery trick to help battery Life from the tips & tricks thread ( Credit to that Person )..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones