1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ringhale, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

Okay so I'm recently rooted with the one click through the computer method on stock GB with 4.5.596

I thought my phone had downloaded and installed the recent update prior to rooting, but I was wrong since I keep getting prompted to install it. However I know if I install I will lose root, and that there are issues with re-rooting using the one click after you have already been rooted.

I know there are other ways around this, but I was wondering if I could factory reset and accept the update then re-root using the one click method.

Thanks for any info or suggestions

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

ringhale have you tried sbfing back to froyo and installing the prerooted .602 gb file?? that is the easiest way to keep root for .602, your choice of course.

3. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

Ok forgive me for my ignorance, but so how exactly would I do this. Would I flash back to stock froyo then install the .602 update... then I would be able to to flash a different rom?

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews