• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update ruined phone (playlists especially)

mmmreece

Lurker
Feb 27, 2014
Hi. My phone a Nokia 2.2 decided to update a couple of weeks ago. After the reboot I can't use lots of features. My main bug is the playlists. I use a number of apps for music. Phonograph, playlist creator, Playlist backup etc... but none of them will work now. The problem that's happening is that I can no longer add to my playlists. I can delete items from the existing ones but not add to them. I'm a musician and work on several pieces every day and then tend to live with them for a couple of days on my phone before deciding how to finalise the mixes. Since this update this is impossible. Since the initial update I've updated again but still have the same problem. I tend to add to the playist in playlist creator then back up to text via playlist backup then copy the text file to my laptop for editing before returning it.. None of the programs will run now. I've tried several media players and encountered the same problem on all of them.
Other programs have also been affected as Outlook no longer gives me notifications although, after doing a full phone reset to try and solve this issue Outlook now occasionally sends me a notification but it used to notify me every time I received an email and now it's only once in a while.
If there is no solution to this then does anyone know how I can roll back the updates as , if I can't use the phone like I want to , then what's the point?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones