1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update S4 Clone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Android Question

Hello,

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Clone (without a carrier) Phone model: GT-I9500 Android 4.2.2.

So my question is can I install a custom ROM on this clone?

And how?

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

I am guessing, but I imagine that the innards of your clone are completely different to the genuine phone, therefore trying to flash a rom meant for a real S4 will not work (even if you can get odin or other software to work). It may well mess up your clone and I doubt you would find a compatible rom to reinstate it with. I wouldn't try it if it were mine.

Roger

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Agreed. You can root and flash a custom ROM if you can find a rooting procedure and a ROM for that phone. Neither the tools nor the ROMs for a Samsung phone will work for a clone - at best they will do nothing, at worst they would leave you with a non-working phone.

Unfortunately rooting procedures vary between phones, and there are many different clones, so without more information it's unlikely that anyone will be able to tell you how. In the same way, ROMs have to be built for the individual phones, and few clone models will have a developer community for them. You might be lucky, but it's more likely that there won't be any for your phone.

Sorry I don't have better news.