• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update Samsung Galaxy Gio from 2.2 to 2.3 Gingerbread

Hi good day guys.
I really hope someone could help me.I am a past 60 male that upgraded his phone from the Nokia 5110 to the Samsung Galaxy Gio.I am overwhelmed by the phone,and want to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 because the battery life is very poor on the 2.2
PLEASE break it down gently thank you,and will I lose my South African Maps and so on when I upgrade.
Kind Regards,Andre

You need to download Kies program from Samsung homepage, connect your phone via USB cable and it should automatically upgrade the firmware to Gingerbread. Your maps or other programs won't be changed.

Later you can go to Google Play to upgrade the Maps, or on the top screen of your mobile you get notices that there are updates available for your programs that you have. It takes time to receive the notices.

Reactions: avjaarsveldt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones