• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update screwed up Lock Screen

This was SUPPOSE to post in the S8+ Forum. My apologies. I will try that again.
The
latest update screwed up the Lock Screen.

I used to be able to simply push the Home Button then swipe up to have access the Home Screen. But, since the latest update, it has injected a notifications screen after the 1st swipe up & now requires a 2nd swipe up to get past that and finally access the Home Screen.

To fix this useless bug (something Microsoft would call a 'feature'), I have tried turning off everything about the Notifications except the 'App Icon Badges with #.' I have also confirmed that my Lock Screen Settings have turned on 'Hide Content' & 'Notifications Only (Hide notification details and show icon only).' Plus, my Always On Display shows Home Button Only' but it now shows the clock when I turn on the Power Button. And, I have rebooted the phone several times, and the settings still show what I believe I want, but the phone still disregards the settings.

Any thoughts about how to disable all the notifications from my 3 email accounts for EVERY email & from Facebook for EVERY SINGLE POST???

Plus, if anyone has any thoughts about how to reset my Lock screen to NOT show the clock, I'm all attentive.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
David
San Antonio, TX

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones