1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

update sucks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Are21, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Are21

Are21 Newbie

I just updated my samsung galaxy s4 phone and its awful.
    My phone is so slow and jittery. Things have been removed and added.
    Anyone else having this problem and or a solution?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

You do not mention which version of Galaxy S5 you have. See #1.2 of 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? on how to obtain this.

Also you do not mention which firmware update you are referring to. See #1.3 of 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? on how to obtain this.

You could try wiping your cache partition as per #1.2 of the Update Problems - Dummies Guide to see if that helps.

Failing that, you will need to do a Factory Data Reset as per #2.0 of the Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Are21 likes this.
  3. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

Have you tried doing a factor reset since the update?

Are21 likes this.
  4. I concur the update sucks. I lost root even after paying for SuperSu, I cannot root via Towelroot, and my phone rebooted at least a dozen times today cause me now to do a factory reset and spend 2 hours + reinstalling apps, etc. Verizon should give me a credit.

Are21 likes this.
  5. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

Not meaning to pick on you, but that's why they caution against rooting the phones.

Unfortunately none of it would entitle verizon to give you a credit.

6. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast

It's not just rooted users though. My Moto Droid HD Maxx completely wigged out after the ICS upgrade. Had to do a factory reset. The S4 update to 4.4.2 (not the latest) was smooth, and I had no issues. Then I updated to the latest 4.4.2 FNG6 and the phone ran hot, and the battery drained by 2PM. So I had to do another FDR and it fixed all issues. Oh well.

hsb

7. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

Yeah I know what you mean.
    Its been found most of the times after doing an update and the user is experiencing problems a factory data reset usually fixes things.
    Problems after a update are usually caused from a third party app not taking the update nicely.

8. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast

Possibly. next time, I may just use, Settings; Backup and reset; Reset Settings (reset system settings back to the default)

hsb

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews