• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help UPDATE: Temp Adobe Flash workaround (WAS: Flash not enabled on Xoom at launch).

I haven't received the OTA yet can i still aply Flash 10.2 or should I wait?

Never mind, I see that you don't. I had to reboot after install to get it to work. It still doesn't work well. HULU doesn't work, it says it's not supported by this platform. ESPN3 tries to load but is so choppy it's impossible to watch or follow. The only site that worked smoothly that I've found is motorola.com/xoom. Maybe once I get the OTA it will make a difference.

Upvote 0
I haven't received the OTA yet can i still aply Flash 10.2 or should I wait?

I have mine rooted and did a manual update .. I figure I would flash it when I send it into Moto for the 4g upgrade .. They tell you how to lock it up and all on their site.

If you root your xoom with help from @Koush (My Brain Hurts: Motorola XOOM Rooted)

Then go to Jrummy16's manual update (App to update xoom for root - xda-developers)

Then get the flash apk (Flash for your Xoom!)

Here at DoidLife (How to: Re-lock the Motorola XOOM Bootloader to Receive Updates (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog) you can learn how to relock it up

I'm too impatient to wait .. That's why I got into Android .. If I wanted to wait until official updates I would be on iOs :p

Upvote 0
any flash related posts should be combined in this thread. i will update the thread to reflect that there is a temporary flash app that is working until the official releases.

there is no need to start a new thread just to say one has flash installed. lets keep this forum streamlined as much as possible. members, i appreciate your cooperation on this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones